cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Ukratty
Joining in

Since friday evening i’ve been unable to make or receive calls on our landline. Phone is currently plugged into a wall socket, no dial tone and when i call from my mobile i get the engaged tone  ( same result whether phone is plugged in or not). I’ve tried unplugging the phone but no change. I have tried 150 from my mobile several times which apparently performs line tests, but whenever i call back to get the result it just performs the test again, so i never get a result! We are due to move to phone through our hub/ router on 27th, but can’t be without our landline for that long! Can someone from vm contact me as i gave up on 150 after an hour on hold.

13 REPLIES 13

What browser are you using to access the Virgin Media website? We recommend not using Chrome as it has java settings that are not compatible with our webpages at times. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or trying a different browser to access your online account. Alternatively, you can also use our My Virgin Media App. ~CS~

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I was using safari, all ok again now, but still can’t see the appointment for tomorrow. I’ll update when they arrive

Oh, how odd that you can't see the appointment. I have double checked and it is still booked and going a head at my side. Please keep us updated with how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly, the tech guy has swapped us over to voip via the hub so all working again. No idea what had gone wrong, but all that matters is the landline works again. Thanks for your help, much easier than calling 150!