cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Ukratty
Joining in

Since friday evening i’ve been unable to make or receive calls on our landline. Phone is currently plugged into a wall socket, no dial tone and when i call from my mobile i get the engaged tone  ( same result whether phone is plugged in or not). I’ve tried unplugging the phone but no change. I have tried 150 from my mobile several times which apparently performs line tests, but whenever i call back to get the result it just performs the test again, so i never get a result! We are due to move to phone through our hub/ router on 27th, but can’t be without our landline for that long! Can someone from vm contact me as i gave up on 150 after an hour on hold.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh, how odd that you can't see the appointment. I have double checked and it is still booked and going a head at my side. Please keep us updated with how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ukratty

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket or an extension?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi, one cordless phone connected to the master vm socket, and a second cordless phone that only needs mains power. I have already tried all the troubleshooting apart from trying another phone which i don’t have. We have made no changes to the equipment recently

All checks have made no change to anything

Thank you for checking and confirming this @Ukratty

I'm unable to locate your details on the system. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Done

Thanks so much for your private message @Ukratty, I have now booked you a visit for your landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carly, I’ve just checked in my orders and appointments, but it says no orders, i can’t see appointments in there either

Hi @Ukratty

It does take a while for the system to update, I can assure you the appointment is booked. Do you have a concern with the time and date of the appointment? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

No, that should be ok thanks, i tried again and now getting 404 bad request trying to access virginmedia! I’ll trust the appointment is booked