cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

maggieandmartin
Joining in

Our landline has not been working for the last few days. We have no dialling tone and are receiving no calls. We have tried a different handset plugged into the main socket but it behaves in the same way. Our broadband service is working correctly. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there maggieandmartin,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry for the issues faced, can I ask does the landline connect though the router or through a seperate line?

Also there hasn't been any area fault raised at all? You can check this via this link.

Let us know!

Kain

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. Our landline is separate from the router. When I do a fault check it reports that there are no known problems with the phones in our postcode area.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay. 

It seems like we'll need a technician to resolve this.

Before we book the appointment we have to advise of the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Kain

Thanks Kain - please go ahead and book the engineer.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, I've dropped you a PM so we can get this sorted!

You can find this within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM maggineandmartin,

That appointment has now been booked in for you. 

If you do have any issues and require to reschedule you can do so via the MyVM page.

All the best and take care,

Kain