cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

jock22
Joining in

A week or so ago, speaking on the landline was difficult because of a crackling/static noise.  Now all I get is crackling and static and it is impossible to dial out.  Conversely, anyone trying to contact me on the landline receives a "line busy" message. 

Council contractors have been working in the road outside laying new ducting for streetlighting and planing the road surface before resurfacing. Could this be the issue and if so how do I get Virgin to check it out. I have complained but the contact number Virgin say they will use is the landline number which doesn't work and which is the subject of my complaint.  

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jock22,

Welcome and thank you for posting on our community forums. Sorry to see you are having issues whilst using your landline. If you can try another handset and see if the noise is still there. This is just to identify that it isn't the handset you are using. Please click this link to see if there is any possible issues identified which may be causing the disturbance on the line. If your home phone is not working you can also click this link to try and fix it from your end. Please ensure all steps are met and if the issue is still there, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help, let us know how you get on. 

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Checking with another phone was one of the first things that I did but this made no difference.

The helpline just takes me round in circles. I can't make a call because the landline does not work.

Click "fix your landline".  Click "Can't receive calls" and back I go to "fix your landline"

Thank you for responding Jock22, so we can look at this closely I will PM you. Please watch our for the purple envelope.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide