cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Our home phone has not worked since Saturday and I rely on this as i am a cader for my elderly mother who lives nearby. 

Order of events so far:

1. I tried to report it Saturday but without the 150 facility this is difficult/ seemingly impossible to speak to someone to report.

2. Found the service check number 0800 561 0061 which said there is a fault in the area and ai ing to fix by 4:00 Sunday.

3. This then stated when i next phoned to have no issues.

4. Phoned on 0345 454 1111 on an automated line who did a check saging i had a fault and booked an e engineer to visit us Tuesday ( today)

5. Had a text cancelling the engineer and saying fault in the area, but when i phone the service check it says all ok.

My phone still doesnt work so an advice how i can get it fixed asap or how i can speak to a human from virgin ! Ant help appreciated as need this back asap.

12 REPLIES 12

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Berllan14, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your landline service. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Thank you Kath, i have reponded but didnt appreciate i had posted the same twice on the forum . Could you please delete the thread with all my spelling mistakes and keep the other thread live !

Kind Regards Alan 

Hi Berllan14, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Thank you, however i have just logged on and it states i have no orders ?

The engineer was due to call today originally until they cancelled . Its probably me but i am totally confused.

Kind Regards Alan 

I am not seeing any orders but if someone is coming could it be as originally arranged e.g. today as i have taken the day off 

Stating no orders. I am trying to vontact Virgin media by phone but that seems very difficult!

I will assume this afternoons appointment has been reinstated and wait in with fingers crossed that this will be sorted.

Regards Alan 

Hi Berllan14, 

It can take a few hours to update on the account. 

Any previous appointment that was booked, as it's cancelled the slot would have been freed up. We wouldn't be able to rebook this I'm afraid. 

I have booked you in for the next available though. You should also receive a text with the appointment details at some point today. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Thank you but that has left me taking today off with the original appointment which has been cancelled.

When is the next appointment as i need to arrange work, can they make it today!

I didnt appreciate that what i assumed would be a routine appointment from an engineer could get so complex and messy with Virgin contact by phone seemingly impossible?

That said i need to know when the engineer is calling asap please let me know via here please 

Regards Alan 

Hi Alan, 

I understand the frustration caused however we did let you know in advance that the appointment was cancelled. This was due to an open area fault affecting you which has since been resolved. 

As your telephone line is still off, this may have been unrelated to the open fault however when there is an open fault, we can't have engineer's going out as they would be unable to fix the issue at that time. 

I have sent you another private message so we can pass data protection so I can give you the new appointment date and time slot. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team