cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

garymcc
Tuning in

Hi

Landline has not been working for days now. We ordered new phones just in case it was the phones that were broken as they were quite old, but same issue.

Have tried using the test port in the wall socket per your website - no joy. 

Can't call out, can't receive calls - just rings on the mobile and nothing happens on the landline. 

The fault simply has to be with the line but your website says everything is fine, and your website is quite frankly garbage and unhelpful (when it actually works) with no actual option to report and just sending you round in circles. 

Your whatsapp help chat is equally garbage and unhelpful. You don't deal with Landline Faults via messaging service? Is that so people are forced to phone your premium rate number and sit on hold for hours from a mobile phone given that, you know, their landline isn't working?

Not happy but would appreciate any help that doesn't just give me a link to your websites merry go round "help" pages where there is nowhere to actually report the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garymcc, 

Thank you for your time today on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to make progress and assist you further. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if we can help with anything

Take care, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

garymcc
Tuning in

Just to add as I seen somewhere that you no longer repair faulty lines and just move people onto connecting via their hubs - if that is your solution, do you pay for the additional wiring involved when the hub is upstairs where we have zero use for a landline to sit?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garymcc, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service and thank you for taking the steps to test the line. 

I would like to take a look in to this from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm some details. this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

When your area is eligible for the migration with the landline, we would arrange a technician to visit and complete any rewiring free of charge. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garymcc, 

Thank you for your time today on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to make progress and assist you further. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if we can help with anything

Take care, 

Nat

garymcc
Tuning in

In the interest of fairness, I will post to say that Lauren was very helpful on this and the engineer has been out and sorted the issue which was in the main box out on the street.

It doesn't detract from what I said in my initial post about the state of the Virgin Media website and help pages but I think it's important to comment on the good as well as the bad. 👍

And by Lauren, I mean Natalie... No idea where I got that from! 

Hi @garymcc,

Thank you for providing us with an update on this. I do sincerely apologise for the experience you'd have and the inconvenience this has undoubtedly caused, but I'm glad to hear that we've been able to address and resolve the issue for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!