cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Glennfos
Joining in

Hi , the phone as not been working properly for a while now, some days it’s ok for just a few hours then it will stop working ( no ringtone, so no ringing out and no one can contact us ) this can go on for days  . Check to see if it was our phone but this is ok , it seems to be the line at fault.

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Glennfos, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about the fault you're experiencing with your landline - how long has this been ongoing for? Is your landline in the wall socket or wired into your hub? Are you able to use this link to see if there is anything relating to the issue:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status?

If not, don't worry - just pop back to me and we can take it from there. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

This as been going on for a while now ( been using or mobiles ) mostly, and it is connected to a wall socket. Never bother much to complain about it till I realised how much we were paying for the line rental.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to make sure - was there anything on the link I posted above? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi the link took me to a system check, this says there are no issues when the test was finished and I have do all my own checks which Virgin tell you to do i.e by going inside of the phone socket and using the service connector.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message so I can take a look into this for you 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.