cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Ghostbadger
Joining in

Hi

I have tried using our landline which is now plugged into the hub with the connector provided. I have the message "please check the line cord" . Everything is plugged in as it should be and I have tried rebooting the hub to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced alphaomega16,

Welcome back to the community.

For clarification can I ask whether the handset you have currently has been tried in the alternate sockets at all?

Thanks,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ghostbadger,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your phone isn't working now connected to your Router, how old is the handset, have you checked if it is compatible now the line has been switched over.

If the phone is older than a couple of Years this may be the reason.

Regards

Paul.

I have a BT cordless phone.
What type of phone do i need ?

Hi Ghostbadger,

Thank you for confirming, an up to date Dect phone would be OK.

You can find out more around our 21st Century Voice here.

Regards

Paul.

Hope VM are paying for new handsets people are forced to get

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced alphaomega16,

Welcome back to the community.

For clarification can I ask whether the handset you have currently has been tried in the alternate sockets at all?

Thanks,

Kain

Kain

I tried the other socket and all working, thanks.

We're glad to hear this is all sorted for you. 

^Martin

We have not had to move over yet, our switch over isnt til may, it was just a general statement that if every one of your customers is being switched over with no choice it shouldn't be out of their pocket if their handset isn't compatible.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @alphaomega16 and I can understand the frustrations. 

Unfortunately we do not cover new handsets if they are needed, however it is worth noting that all phone lines in the UK are moving to VOIP lines, and all lines are expected to be switched by the end of 2025. 

Thank you.