cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Saiph1
Settling in

Landline in br5 4 area not working again and can’t work out how to find out what is going on. Previously issues in area have not been posted on status site so not sure whether clear status is correct or not. Phone was off for 4 days only a few weeks ago. Other than ringing on mobile, which I don’t want to do, going round in circles trying to find out what to do or who to contact. Is there a general fault in area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most reliable check for area faults is 0800 5610061 - this is a free call from any phone.

Otherwise 0345 4541111 is a landline-rate call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most reliable check for area faults is 0800 5610061 - this is a free call from any phone.

Otherwise 0345 4541111 is a landline-rate call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks just called that number and no issues.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Saiph1,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your landline service. I've been able to take a look from here and there is no known issues in your area, and your landline service is showing as active and working.

Can you please let me know if you have a spare handset you can try to see if it is an issue with the handset?

Thanks

Beth

Hi it’s now working so looks like an intermittent fault. I have tried other handsets, new batteries, new cables and a cheap phone previously. Also dismantled the socket to try the test line. Anyway looks ok for now, hopefully if goes down again it will also be a short intermittent and not 4 days like last time

Thank you Saiph1.

In that case, we probably need to arrange for an engineer to call round and take a look. Would you like for us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Beth

It’s now working so I’m not sure what we can do. I had an engineer out a few weeks ago and it miraculously ended up working in the time since we last checked it and him turning up, which was about 30 mins in separation. He checked some cables outside and made them better snd did whatever continuity checks he could. If it goes again I will contact you please to arrange something. Thanks

No problem at all Saiph1. Do keep us posted if anything changes and we will be more than happy to investigate further for you.

Kindest regards

Beth