cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Ray2109
Joining in

Hi, I am not able to dial out or receive incoming calls on my landline and have no dialling tone. Virgin online system check gives a green tick, I have connected a friends phone and the same fault is still there, Virgin online help diverts me to Whatsapp and concludes with "I'm sorry we don't support landline faults over our messaging platform", if you still need our help phone us from your landline, whoever designs these systems does a brilliant job at stopping you making contact, so how can I make contact to resolve my issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ray2109, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your landline today, I have checked our system and can see there is an issue in the area affecting landline services. 

The current fix time for this is 01:00 on 15/04, this time is an estimate only so can change depending on the complexity of the issue. If you wish to stay up to date with any area issues you can do this via our service page here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here, I hope this is back up and running for you sooner rather than later.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ray2109, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your landline today, I have checked our system and can see there is an issue in the area affecting landline services. 

The current fix time for this is 01:00 on 15/04, this time is an estimate only so can change depending on the complexity of the issue. If you wish to stay up to date with any area issues you can do this via our service page here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here, I hope this is back up and running for you sooner rather than later.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thank you or your response, I now know what's happening. I have been trying to sort this for two days and have checked the status on Virgins site numerous times but it came back with three green ticks saying there were no faults, the online chat directed me to whatsapp which told me phone Virgin and left me nowhere to go which is very frustrating to say the least.

Best Regards,

Ray.

You're welcome Ray, glad to hear you now have clarification on this. Apologies for the time it's taken to find out what has been going on.

Please do let us know if you need any further updates on this, or even just any other help. 

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan, In your reply to my original post regarding my landline not working you stated "The current fix time for this is 01:00 on 15/04", though you did say this could change depending on the complexity of the issue, you also stated I could stay up to date via your service page, which I can't, the service page simply tells me "we can't see any issues affecting your area", green circle with a tick in it. The phone screen even has a message saying "Check phone line", it has been out of service since 12/04/22 it is now 10:30 on 16/04/22 and I urgently need it back in service. With my phone out of action I have no way to report the fault via normal channels, i.e. dialling Virgin, I really need this issue escalating, can you therefore update me on what is happening and if possible provide me with a direct line of communication, for instance someone I can contact via e-mail?

Regards,

Ray.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ray2109, 

Thank you for your reply, I have checked our systems and can see the outage is cleared up. As you are still having issues I will pop you over a PM so we can get a tech out to you 🙂

Keep an eye out for the little purple envelope.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Ray2109, 

Glad I could get a tech booked for you I hope all goes well and if you need anything please do pop back to us here 🙂
Zoie

Fostermason
Joining in

My landline is not working..your website leaves a lot to be desired in the way of help.

are there no human beings left working at Virgin

the website sends me around in a circle..with no result.

this message posted on Thursday the 5 th May 2022

Hi there @Fostermason, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see your landline is nit working. I have checked our system and this doesn't seem to be due to any outages in the area.

When you have tried to look for help on our website what part were you looking at specifically? If you do need further help you can run a fault test by signing into our service page here. Alternatively there is some great help for fixing landline issues here.

If you are still without a landline after checking this please let us know and we will do our best to help get this working.

Regards

Nathan

my land line phone has not worked since the vm tech guys renewed the outside cable on Wednesday, despite an assurance from them that a vhap would be here soon to sort it, still waiting and no contact at all from vm, disgusting service yet again from them.