cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

AudioDetective
Tuning in

Hello,

I had my new virgin package installed yesterday everything seems fine apart from my landline is not working. I cannot receive or make calls and there is no dialing tone.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Gerry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for keeping us posted AudioDetective. I have checked this again on our side and I am seeing some errors that would require an engineer to investigate. I have booked in a visit for you. You can check the time and date for this via your online account. 

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having an issue with the phone line.

Can you confirm if you have the phone plugged into a wall socket or the back of your hub?

Alex_Rm

Hi yes the phone is plugged into the wall and hub

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Can you confirm if you've tried a reboot of your hub?

Are you able to test a different handset?

Alex_Rm

I also did a broadband speed test which came in at Download 6.4 and upload 0.4? surely this cant be right

Yes I have Rebooted several times

Thanks Gerry 🙂

I've had a look at things from our side, and it does look like you're affected by a short-term connectivity issue.

In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours.

As you've connected your line to the hub this could also be causing the problem.

If you can please monitor for 24 hours and keep us posted with how you get on.

Alex_Rm

Will do

Hi,

There seems to be no change in my landline status (unable to receive or make calls and no dial tone) and my broadband speed is erratic.

Regards

Gerry.

Thank you for keeping us posted AudioDetective. I have checked this again on our side and I am seeing some errors that would require an engineer to investigate. I have booked in a visit for you. You can check the time and date for this via your online account. 

^Martin