cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Valco213
Joining in
Spoiler

I am an old age pensioner and rely heavily on my home phone. For the last three days it has not been working not able to make or receive calls. As a result of this my family have not been able to check on me..

Because It's not working I cannot contact Virgin to report it. What I'm I supposed to do now

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A good starting point would be to use a mobile phone to contact virgin, you can do this by calling 0345 454 1111.

I don't have a mobile phone

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Valco213

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience, there's currently an outage in your area with an estimated fix date of 23/02/22 at 10:00am.

Please do keep us updated if the issue carries on past here and we can investigate further

Regards

P

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If that is the case why is the service status on my virgin media stating that there are no problems. I assume that I will be compensated for the loss of the service.
Can I now cancel my contract and switch supplier

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Valco213

I've checked the system on our side and can see an outage, my apologies if this isn't being flagged in the service status checker. As for compensation, our auto compensation scheme only occurs to total loss of broadband and more information can be found here

If you'd like to cancel, we'd need you to speak with our retentions team on 150 or 0345 454 1111, it would be a real shame to see you go.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs