cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Lainey21
Joining in

Hi, 

This morning the phone light on my hub 3 was flashing red but I had a dial tone on my phone. I switched the hub off for 15 mins and the light had gone when I switched it back on bit turn I had no dial tone. I've also done a reset.  I've tried a spare phone & it's still the same. I can't ring out or receive calls.

Could you look into it please? I've done a check and it says there are no issues in my area. 

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Hi, I've still not got a dial tone on my landline.

My apologies for the inconvenience @Lainey21

The outage is ongoing and the team are currently looking to have this resolved by 6pm today.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can’t not help but laugh at this now why don’t you just be honest and tell us like your engineer told myself last week that you haven’t a clue how to fix it 

Thanks for your reply

The team are working to have the issue resolved, my apologies for the inconvenience @Markhjh68

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

LOL

theyve been trying to fix it for ten days and the intermittent service has been going on for over three weeks we’ve had fix times given to us that have been and gone again just admit that you’ve no idea how to fix it like the engineers did last week it’s called being honest with your customers !!

Hi @Markjh68

Thank you for your reply

The team are looking to locate and fix the issue, I can assure you they are trained to fix this and some issues do take longer than others to fully deal with and get you back online.

My apologies

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

My issue isn't the internet, it's my phone line that isn't working. Perhaps having phone lines running off a router isn't the future! 

Will there be any compensation for the lack of service? 

Hi @Lainey21

Thanks for the reply

Everything on our auto-compensation scheme can be found here - again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I’m not disputing that they’re not trained properly I’m disputing that you don’t actually know what the issue is and how to fix it which IMO is as clear as day it’s not about compensation for me it’s about clarity and honesty which we only seem to get from the engineers that are out and about and when they say that nobody knows what the issues are or how to fix them than there’s the issue isn’t it ?

I agree it's about keeping us informed. If you don't know when it will be fixed then say that.

My parents rely on my landline to keep in touch, which is why it's frustrating for it not to be working. This is day 5 now. I don't understand how my neighbour can have a phone service but not me!