cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Stoo2
On our wavelength
  • My landline is not working, there is no dial tone and no one can call us. I have checked the service status, and am told all is finewith the landline. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Update - our phone line is working again, flippin' yay! Have spoken to my mum, which is the most important thing.

Thanks Ash & Paul for responding 👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Stoo2

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums! It's so great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your landline! 

I have taken a look and I can see that there is an outage currently reported for your area, this may not have been updated on the web page yet but you can also try our service status line on 0800 561 0061 which is often updated sooner. 

The outage is estimated to be resolved today, March 3rd, at 4.10pm.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking then? 

Thank you. 

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying Ash_C

I can't call the 0800 number, as no mobile phone to hand..

Hopefully it will be resolved by 4.10 pm...I will let you know

I'm sorry to hear that @Stoo2

But please do let us know how things are looking and we will be happy to update you from the forums.

Thanks again.

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Still not working here.. an update would be appreciated

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Still no phone line, no dial tone. Any chance of an update, or have you all gone home? 

Hi there @Stoo2

Please be aware that while we will always try to respond as soon as possible the forums are not an instant service. 

I have checked and unfortunately the outage has been extended and the estimated fix time is now 8.10pm. 

I'm sorry about this but I can assure that our teams are doing all they can to have this resolved. 

Thank you. 

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting back to me Ash.

Re. The phone line, this is really very inconvenient. 

Can you tell me, where on the Virgin Media website can I officially log that my phone line is out of action - in case this goes on for some time more, as I have looked and just end up going round in circles. Thanks

I'm sorry that you are effected by this outage, unfortunately as this is an issue with the entire area then it does require an engineer to resolve, we currently have a team working on this and they are doing all they can to get this resolved.

If you are asking to be registered for a loss of service in regards to our automatic compensation scheme you can view our information regarding this here

Please be aware however that the automatic compensation does not include landline. 

Thank you. 

Stoo2
On our wavelength

Thanks again Ash.

But can you please give me a link to where exactly I would be able to report a loss of service or outage online, as the Virgin Media website directs me here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

..but there is no way to report it there that i can see...

Furthermore, that service status page is still telling me there is no problem with my phone line, which clearly is not the case.