cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Sarah48
Joining in

We have had no dialling tone on our landline for a few weeks, and incoming calls ring but do not connect.

We bought a new phone but the problem persisted.

On Saturday 9th October an engineer came & installed an more up to date hub explaining that the phone woukd now come through the wifi & this would solve the problem. 

The phone line didn't connect whilst he was with us, but he said he would run tests from the van & phone us/ come back to check it was working.

Our phone still does not work & we never saw him again.

Please can this be fixed ASAP?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sarah48,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've still experiencing no dial tone on your landline, we understand the frustration caused, especially as the engineer advised he would call you to make sure the line is working.

Unfortunately, the issue I now have is you stated you have had the telephone switch over already.

Looking at your account I can see that you're being affected by an SNR issue, which is a fault affecting your broadband and TV services, but now your line is running through your hub, this will be affected too.

This issue is due to be resolved tomorrow the 13th of October, however I am still going to book another engineer to attend to get this issue resolved.

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sarah48,

Just a quick message to say I have booked an appointment for you now. I have sent you a private message with the time and date.

If you would like to re-schedule your appointment you can do so here.

Please let us know how your visit goes.

Kind regards Jodi.