cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

LittleWalter
Joining in

Is it possible to get past the automated 150 service to report a fault and to book an engineer?

Having pressed all the correct buttons, in the correct order, I was advised three times to hang up while further tests were conducted and then to call back in ten minutes when all the information that I had supplied would be available and that I would not have to press buttons again.

Does anyone have any good ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums LittleWalter, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing a fault with the landline phone. 

If you're able to answer the following for me, I'll be in a better position to assist you further today;

Can you confirm with me if you have a dial tone on the handset? Have you been able to try an alternative handset?

Is the handset plugged into the master socket or is this connected to an extension socket? 

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to the phone line?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

We get no dialling tone.  If a caller dials in, the house phone rings and the caller display shows caller id.  There is silence when we answer and the caller's phone keeps hearing ringing sound until home goes to answerphone.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  Fingers crossed.  

I have even tried Virgin's Complaints chat and got through to a Billing person said they couldn't help - sent me back to the 150/0345 454 111 routine.

Best regards

Oh, second part of your response, handset is plugged into wall. Tried different phone in socket - no response

Thanks for coming back to me

Is the socket you attempted the master socket?

Do you have a dial tone?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Panic over. Eventually Virgin Media acknowledged there was a fault in the area. 24 hours later sorted. 
Still unimpressed with inability to get through to a person who could have actioned some assistance. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Little Walter,

Thank you for updating us, glad it is fixed now, I am sorry you were unable to get through to our team. 

Zoie