Menu
Highlighted
Ronei
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

My landline phone has not been working since the issues yesterday. TV and Broadband now fixed but no dial tone. When I check “Service Status” it tells me all is fine...as does the “Test”. 

0 Kudos
pats1512
Settling in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

hi iv had dial tone on my phone all day first test said no problems spoke to someone online at virgin got me to check cables as thought it was my phone went out bought a new phone with replacement cable plugged all in still no dial tone went to page again to check service status says inconclusive although they had assured me was not my phone line getting engineer out tomorrow angry like does anyone else have no dial tone at all?

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ronei

I'm really sorry to hear that you have no dial tone, and I'd like to help you out with this. 

I've run some testing my end, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this issue. 

If you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault (either by trying another phone, or trying your phone in a known working line), then the next step would be to look into booking a technician to call out and take a look at things. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page, where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

P.S. @pats1512 I will shortly reply to your other post 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ronei
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

The issue is now resolved. I had a technician come out this morning.

Many thanks 

0 Kudos