cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working, switched over to fibre?

SarahC1
Tuning in
  • Hi, landline not working, got the adaptor a while ago, but no letter or email to say when it would be switched over to fibre so been waiting! Realised something was wrong when mum texted yesterday to say she had called but answerphone was not working, I was sat on the sofa waiting for her call but nothing happened. Anyway should I assume that fibre switchover has happened but Virgin didn't let me know, and sort out new setup? Will be a right nuisance as I can't get to the wall easily and need my device that works with my hearing aids to work!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear SarahC1. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SarahC1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your landline service recently. You should've received a letter with the adapter which would confirm the local switchover date. Have you tried plugging your handset into the router using the adapter to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your reply Zach, I'll have a go tomorrow, need to clear a lot of things away from the wall socket first! Will get back to you, bound to have problems...

Hi @SarahC1,

No problem. Let us know how you get on either way when you're able to test it and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach, all OK!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear SarahC1. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat