cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working (no tone at all), internet is fine

Pam1066
Tuning in

Hello,

Similar problem to others I think. Landline is not working, no tone at all, just dead.

Phone icon was flashing red on V3 hub. Tried turning off and on again, red flashing light gone but no change to phone line, still dead.

Tried another phone in same socket, still dead. Tried other phone socket as well no good either.

Checked the service status online, no fault found. I left it a day and still says no issues on the line.

Internet is working without issue.

Can you check from your side and advise otherwise. I don't have a contract mobile phone so it would cost me quite a lot to wait on the helpline.

82 REPLIES 82

Hi Tom_W1,

Tried again still nothing.

(F009708923).

Currently the running total is:

1.  18th at 12.31pm - Fault reported on your system
  2.  21st at 10am - Projected fix date and time
  3.  21st at 2pm - Projected fix date and time
  4.  21st at 8pm - Projected fix date and time
  5.  22nd at 10am - Projected fix date and time
  6.  22nd at 2pm - Projected fix date and time
  7.  ?

Can you advise on the next projected fix date please.

Can you also confirm that compensation will now be paid as this is beyond the 48hrs & and that this will be applied without me requiring to do anything else (report somewhere else). I understand it will be 8.06 pounds per day based on this article, correct?

Thanks

Pam

Hi @Pam1066, thanks for your reply.

The next projected fix time is 20:00 tonight, so fingers crossed that this is sorted for you finally then.

As per the automatic compensation scheme as outlined in the article you provided, if you've experienced a total loss of service for over 48 hours, this is then assessed and credited from the third day at the £8.06 rate.

If applicable, yes it will automatically be applied off your next bill following the fault being fixed.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hahaha you couldn’t make this up we even know what your so called fix times are now !
Pam you’ve missed some times off of your list including Friday 18th at 6.50pm and a PM stating that it was showing as resolved LOL

so when are we going to be told what the actual problem is apart from the outage spiel that we’re getting ?!

What happened to the 6pm time are the engineers having their tea then 😂5900DB0E-3EF7-4D48-A3A0-A4266E9CB841.png

Another deadline comes and goes there’s a surprise is the next deadline 10am in the morning by any chance 

Hello Tom_W1,

Needless to say as Mark has pointed out it is still the same situation.

Can you please tell us what the next resolved date is please?

Thank you

Pam

Hi @Pam1066

I'm so sorry that this issue has been ongoing, I understand how frustrating this is and I can assure you we are doing all we can to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. 

Unfortunately I can see that the estimated fix time has been pushed again to 10am this morning. I am very sorry to report this.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking then?

Thank you.

Hi, Yes still the same.

1.  18th at 12.31pm - Fault reported on your system
  2.  21st at 10am - Projected fix date and time
  3.  21st at 2pm - Projected fix date and time
  4.  21st at 8pm - Projected fix date and time
  5.  22nd at 10am - Projected fix date and time
  6.  22nd at 2pm - Projected fix date and time
  7.  22nd at 8pm - Projected fix date and time
  8.  23rd at 10am - Projected fix date and time
  9. ?

Could you give an update for the new proposed fix time or will it follow the same pattern and be 2pm?

Can you tell me how many phone lines are affected? A few or many hundreds, thousands?

At what point are the people tasked with fixing the issue asked to give you more information so that you can give the consumer more information?

Thank you

Pam

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Pam1066,

I am sorry but some issues are more complex to fix than others.

The estimated fixture time is subject to change, due to it being estimated. 

The new date and time is showing as - 24/03/2022 16:00:00.

However it is subject to change, it is showing on the IVR option also if you call us on 0800 561 0061 - Which is our service status line, so you do not need to wait for us to get back to you. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

For the third time I’ll ask again what is the issue all we are getting told is that it is an outage nearly two weeks without a home phone is outrageous now the ‘estimated fix time’ is tomorrow any chance of a explanation apart from the generic thanks