cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working (no tone at all), internet is fine

Pam1066
Tuning in

Hello,

Similar problem to others I think. Landline is not working, no tone at all, just dead.

Phone icon was flashing red on V3 hub. Tried turning off and on again, red flashing light gone but no change to phone line, still dead.

Tried another phone in same socket, still dead. Tried other phone socket as well no good either.

Checked the service status online, no fault found. I left it a day and still says no issues on the line.

Internet is working without issue.

Can you check from your side and advise otherwise. I don't have a contract mobile phone so it would cost me quite a lot to wait on the helpline.

82 REPLIES 82

Hello,

I just reset the hub and the phone is still not working (internet is working).

Status from inside the Hub:

virgin errors 2.JPG

Also the log from the hub (contact me if you need to see full MAC address):

virgin errors 3_Hidden.jpg

(F009708923) - I assume this is still the same number??

1.  18th at 12.31pm - Fault reported on your system
  2.  21st at 10am
  3.  21st at 2pm
  4.  21st at 8pm
  5.  22nd at 10am
  6.  22nd at 2pm
  7.  22nd at 8pm
  8.  23rd at 10am
  9. 24th at 4pm
  10. 25th at 10.02am 10.05am 
  11. ?

Can you advise when the next fix point is?

Resetting the hub is quite a faff as I use it in modem modem normally, so it takes quite a while to reset up...

Hello,

Phone still not working (internet is).

I reset the V3 hub as instructed:

virgin errors 2.JPG

This is the log from the hub, let me know if you need the full MAC address:

(F009708923) - I assume this is still the same fault number?

2.  21st at 10am
  3.  21st at 2pm
  4.  21st at 8pm
  5.  22nd at 10am
  6.  22nd at 2pm
  7.  22nd at 8pm
  8.  23rd at 10am
  9. 24th at 4pm
  11. ?

Can you advise on new fix date?

Resetting the hub is quite a hassle as it is normally in modem mode, takes quite a while to put back to working order.

Hello,

I reset the hub and it is still not working.

(F009708923) - Is this still the reference number.

2.  21st at 10am
  3.  21st at 2pm
  4.  21st at 8pm
  5.  22nd at 10am
  6.  22nd at 2pm
  7.  22nd at 8pm
  8.  23rd at 10am
  9. 24th at 4pm
  11. ?

I am having trouble with the forum post not posting properly so I will put the pictures in a separate posts.

Hub after reset:

virgin errors 2.JPG

Log from the hub:

Hi @Pam1066

Sorry to see this is still affecting you. I can see that the outage itself is still open with some monitoring ongoing till Monday. What I can do is look to book you a tech appointment for after Monday, if you still have the issue and the outage gets closed after monitoring on Monday then we'll need to send an engineer out anyways. Please join me on private messages so I can locate your account and book you in the appointment. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, PM has been sent.

Is there a time that it is being monitored to, so I can check after?

Thanks

Pam

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

This is ridiculous I had a call on Friday from Virgin telling me that mine was the only outstanding issue and that I need a new hub Engineer is on his way as I type he better be fixing the issue this time and not going to fob me off over two weeks this has been going on for and intermittent for three 

Hi @Markjh68

I can only apologies for the issues this outage has caused. Please keep us updated with how you get on with your tech appointment today and if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley