cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working (no tone at all), internet is fine

Pam1066
Tuning in

Hello,

Similar problem to others I think. Landline is not working, no tone at all, just dead.

Phone icon was flashing red on V3 hub. Tried turning off and on again, red flashing light gone but no change to phone line, still dead.

Tried another phone in same socket, still dead. Tried other phone socket as well no good either.

Checked the service status online, no fault found. I left it a day and still says no issues on the line.

Internet is working without issue.

Can you check from your side and advise otherwise. I don't have a contract mobile phone so it would cost me quite a lot to wait on the helpline.

82 REPLIES 82

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pam1066,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issue with the line, I've had a closer look from our side and it does look like there is an area outage. 

Looks like we're going through the final checks and this should be resolved by tomorrow at 10am.

Please pop back and let us know how you get on.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Ok thanks for the update, I will wait till 10am tomorrow to see if the issue is fixed. The public line checker is not highlighting that there is an issue.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Pam

Hi Alex,

Its midday and I tried the phone line again after restarting the hub, and the hone line still is dead. The internet works fine.

The online status check still does not indicate any service issues. Can you advise next steps?

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Pam

Hi @Pam1066

Apologies that this issue is still ongoing for you. I can see on our system that the outage is still open. The estimate end date is 21st March 2022 at 2pm. You can call our service status line on 0800 561 0061 that advises you on this outage if you have an alternative mobile. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Ok, I will try it just after 2pm again.

Thank you

Pam

Hopefully this will be resolved soon for you @Pam1066. You can either try the number I provided for the service checker or post again on here and we'll take a look for any updates.  Any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

No landline in Lincoln for over a week and intermittent service for over three weeks deadlines have been and gone with no explanation other than it is an outage…2pm I won’t hold my breath

Hi @Markjh68

Sorry to hear you're also having landline issues. I can see on our systems that you are also affecting by the same outage. I can assure you, our engineers are doing all they can to have this resolved as soon as possible. Please check back after 2pm and hopefully this issue will be closed and we can investigate further if needed.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @Carley_S,

I have just rebooted hub and tried again, still the same (phone dead, internet working).

The online service status still says there is no problem but you say there is a logged issue on your system. Is the service status system also not working? Why would the telephone service status report something different to the online system, surely they would be linked in some way?

Capture.JPG

Can you please give a breakdown of how long this service interruption has been in this state, when did it start? I first noticed it at the end of last week, but thought it might be temporary but it has been over the whole of the weekend.

Could we get some clarity about this fault, when it started and when it is due to be rectified?

Thank you

Pam