cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working - have dial tone

Shakedown1979
Tuning in

Our landline has stopped working 

Oddly have a dial tone when pick up phone but outgoing calls don't go through and anyone calling here gets message "this number is temporarily unavailable"

Have recently updated to Hub 4 which I'm assuming has something to do with it - constantly loses connection to internet and having to reboot daily.

I know its not the phone as have tested another with same result.

Have a phone call with 'fault team' booked for Friday but wondered if anyone on here could help sooner?

My parents don't call mobile phones from their landline so I need mine up and running so they can call me if needed.

34 REPLIES 34

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Shakedown1979, thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear about the issue with the landline - may I ask if you're connected through the adapter to the back of the Virgin Media hub?
Pease check here to see if there's any area issues.
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes - plugged into back of Hub.

No issues in my area on link above

Hi Shakedown1979,

Thank you for confirming the above, have you tried a different phone?

Regards

Paul.

Yes - as per original message

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for replying back, Shakedown1979.

Sorry to hear the issue is still present when using different handsets, you can try a pin-hole reset on the hub to see if this clears out the issue.
To do this, find a sharp object (like a pin or pen) and use it to press the button inside the hole that says RESET at the back of the hub.
You'll need to press and hold down the reset button for 30 seconds and once released, the hub will reset itself and take about 5-6 minutes to come back on.

Let us know if this helps, happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

I already tried that and didn't work unfortunately 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know, Shakedown1979.

We'd be eager to try and help however we cannot promise this can be done without a technician visit.
If you want us to give this a go, please reply to my private message here once you got it.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Above forum team member send me PM last night with security questions to look at my account and hasn't responded since I answered so still stuck.

Can another forum team member look at this for me please as I am close to closing my account.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Shakedown1979, apologies for the delay.

I have replied to your private message - please get back to me when you have time so we can continue with the checks, thank you.

Adri
Forum Team