cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working - have dial tone

Shakedown1979
Tuning in

Our landline has stopped working 

Oddly have a dial tone when pick up phone but outgoing calls don't go through and anyone calling here gets message "this number is temporarily unavailable"

Have recently updated to Hub 4 which I'm assuming has something to do with it - constantly loses connection to internet and having to reboot daily.

I know its not the phone as have tested another with same result.

Have a phone call with 'fault team' booked for Friday but wondered if anyone on here could help sooner?

My parents don't call mobile phones from their landline so I need mine up and running so they can call me if needed.

34 REPLIES 34

Hi Shakedown1979,

I can see you're in a private message conversation with my colleague, they will get back to you asap.

Alex_Rm

I'm sure they will.

They will apologise that it is still not working but it is being looked at urgently.

In 20 days we've had 1 engineer visit who thought he had been sent to fix the broadband and that's it. Urgent?

I look forward to next meaningless private message.

In meantime its £8.40 compensation a day and in 10 days I can leave my contract early as per T&C.

Still not working - will be 4 weeks tomorrow.

Hi Shakedown1979

I am sorry for that, my colleague did reply to you via PM advising it's still with the team.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I know. 

Posting here for the benefit of others - didn't need a response from you but thanks.

Its clear that forum team like to move people moaning to PM so others can't see.

Will update with final result on Tuesday - that's when it hits 30 days and I will be cancelling contract as per T&C.