cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working - have dial tone

Shakedown1979
Tuning in

Our landline has stopped working 

Oddly have a dial tone when pick up phone but outgoing calls don't go through and anyone calling here gets message "this number is temporarily unavailable"

Have recently updated to Hub 4 which I'm assuming has something to do with it - constantly loses connection to internet and having to reboot daily.

I know its not the phone as have tested another with same result.

Have a phone call with 'fault team' booked for Friday but wondered if anyone on here could help sooner?

My parents don't call mobile phones from their landline so I need mine up and running so they can call me if needed.

34 REPLIES 34

@Shakedown1979 wrote:

Thank you.

So reported last Sunday. 2 working days would be Monday and Tuesday.

So far Wednesday, Thursday and Friday then (assume weekends not counted as working days?)

How long do I have to give them to fix it?

I thought a week was reasonable.

EDIT - Just read that compensation is per day and not per WORKING day, so that's £42 so far.

If you phoned in last Sunday 30 Oct to report the problem, VM would have the Mon and Tues to fix the fault before compensation starts. You get £8.40 for the initial few days of the outage (the payment trigger time) and then £8.40 per day after that until VM fix the fault. So you are currently running at £8.40 for 30/10 to 1/11 inc and then 4 full days 2/11 to 5/11 inc. = £42 in total so far. Add another £8.40 if not fixed by end of today.

There is no service level agreement for VM's residential service so VM has to pay the compensation until they fix the fault.

Thank you - that is very helpful.

Would rather have a working landline, but still.

Just wish I could get updates on what's happening rather than just waiting or having to chase up on here.

No change.

No contact from Virgin Media (was advised I would be contacted within 24-48hrs by TOC team when engineer came on Friday)

No response to private message on here (assume person not at work but no one else can deal in his absence by looks of it!)

Really poor service all round.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shakedown1979

Thanks for your reply

My apologies for the inconvenience, once my colleague is back on shift they'll be in touch via the Private Message you have sent.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Phone still not working - will be 2 weeks tomorrow since reported.

Would appreciate an update.

Hi @Shakedown1979

I can see you are currently in PM's with my colleague regarding some options. Please remain in contact there and Adriani will do her best to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes - have sent a PM but thought would post on here for benefit of others.

Never know, may be a potential future customer doing research on the message boards before committing themselves to a purchase.

If you are considering Virgin Media ....

RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! DONT TURN BACK!!! ITS TOO LATE FOR US, SAVE YOURSELF!!!!!

Thanks.

Still not working and no updates 

Gotta laugh at this stage 😂😂😂

Queue ... I can see you are currently in PM's with my colleague ...

What a waste of time this forum is.

Hi there @Shakedown1979

I am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting on a resolution for this! I can see you have already reached out via the PM.

I have also reached out to our forum staff member you are chatting with and asked them to reach out when they can, once they pop back they will do all they can to help.

Thank you. 

Still not working.

Still no update from anyone.

20 days.