cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working at all

JM62
Tuning in

My 80 year old mothers landline is not working at all. No dial tone nothing and when ringing her number there is a message saying "Sorry this number is temporarily unavailable". I have no idea exactly how long this has been faulty though it has been this way since at least last week.

System checks are a waste of time as they say there is no fault when there clearly is.

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JM62,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Mothers landline isn't working and that you haven't yet been able to get any help with this, I will be happy to help further, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

If not don't worry, I can still help just cannot discuss any account information.

Regards

Paul.

No further response from Paul_DN since Tuesday, phone line is still not working and there is definitely no Router involved. Direct connection to phone line.
This has been down now for at least a week and is getting beyond a joke.

Hi John,

The phoneline does need to be connected to a Router, there is a Router showing on the account, I have arranged a technician for tomorrow between 8am and 12pm, they will make sure there is a Router and the needed cables are provided.

Regards

Paul.

There isn't a router, there never has been a router apart from many years ago when I lived there and had an NTL modem. This telephone is connected in to a standard telephone socket and has been since day one years ago. A technician going tomorrow to sort things is all well and good but this does not explain at all why at least a week ago the telephone stopped working all of a sudden without notice and has been that way since.

The telephone was converted to our new 21 CV, I am not sure why this wasn't advised or why there wasn't a technician visit to get this set up, one the technician comes he will make sure this is all set up moving forward.

Regards

Paul.

Surprise surprise, no Tech visit and definitely still no router yet mysteriously the phone is back up and running and still plugged in to the BT style socket.

Just goes to show Virgin scripts are WRONG!!

Hi JM62,

Thank you for the update, not sure what happed, I have double checked and the details you gave me the phone line is via the Router, cannot explain why this doesn't appear to be the case, if your Mum has any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.