cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working again and again since Late Dec22

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Landline is dead again and again  .. No dial tone ..

Been reporting this since late Dec22. It intermittently comes back when repeated reported for a day or two then dies again.

Reported at least 6 times each time being told no isuues on line .. must send engineer .. engineer booked and then gets auto cancelled with txt msg saying ''network issue .engineer cancelled as issue resolved ''. Line was still dead. Six cycles of booking engineer later then.. engineer came and checked my house installation with no problems found .. said no comms to the house and went to check street cabinets .. came back ''sorry dont know whats wrong ''! will escalate... two days later line worked for two days and went dead again. 

Each time i call even tech 1st line says ... protocol says must send engineer !!! 

What on earth is Virgin upto ... Can no one take up this issue properly and read previous notes .. when complaint raised ... answer given will get back to you in 2-10days... meanwhile i have no working telephone line reliably since late December..  I am registered with Virgin as 'vunerable' and need my landline attached via socket (ie always live in power cut situations) hence will not switch to router as even the broadband drops often.

Who can i speak to to get this escalated for a proper fix??  Come on Virgin been with you since 2014 ,, customer service recently is dropping, dont we matter anymore ?

Even requested to speak to a manager, am denied ... told they will call me ... that call never comes. 

Await an answer on this as my last attempt 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Hello Team, unfortunately picked up landline phone again yesterday to find line is dead again ... as per previous reports back to Dec22. No dial tone !!Can we get it looked at sgain and repeat what was done to reset it previously. Thx in advance

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TAILOR97,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have been facing ongoing issues with your phone, as you are aware we are switch all our lines to Landline Via the Router, in regards to having a lifeline, we would provide a phone so that if the Internet did go off you can still make emergency calls.

Regards

Paul.

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Thx for reply Paul

But why not fix my line instead of alternates?

wont the emerg line not be connected via copper cables same as is at moment

We can fix it @TAILOR97 but we would also advise the phone switchover has to happen, it's not something we would not do. 

Would you like us to book this in?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Again not really answering the issue.

Would the emerg line be copper or an O2 mobile?

If mobile then you should be aware the signal here in TW50 is bad .. have tried many operators already including Virgin mobile .. even Vodafone are same..

So by unwilling to fix my landline,  are you trying to force me onto the router which in itself is unreliable.?

It would be via a SIM card.

It's not that we're unwilling to fix it, it's just we'd always offer the migration of the phone as this is what we're switching them too.

See more here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover and https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Yes, as I say having a mobile sim 'emergency line' is unsuitable for this poor signal area.

Would appreciate a fix to the existing service as the lines must be good for it to work occasionally, must be another issue.

Can you raise this issue and escalate to an even higher level to provide a permanent fix .. to whom can i talk with etc ? .. Area managers dont seem to respond !

I'll happily send you a PM but depending on the migration date, we'll need to arrange this for you

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Seems you're not understanding. I do not want to be migrated ... i want my line fixed!!

If you could respond to my PM, that would be fantastic @TAILOR97 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team