Landline not working after 2.5 months

Haircut1000
Tuning in

Virgin cancelled my vulnerable 82-year-old mum's landline
I demanded it back.
They put in voice over internet.
It does not work.
The landline number does not function.
The account is for an 82-year-old who is vulnerable and no-one can ring her on her landline. Her care alarm does not work.

This has been going on since before the Queen died ie since September.

Absolute pile of **bleep** service from this company. One excuse after another from the people running this board. And the broadband is bust just to rub it in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So this has been ongoing for, what 10 weeks or so, but 'it is with the IT Team and will be fixed ASAP'?

Really, don't hold your breath waiting will you?

On the other hand of course, were something to happen to the 'vulnerable customer' and they couldn't seek help due to VM's failures, then I'm sure any number of 'ambulance chasing' lawyers will be more than happy to wade in!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Haircut1000, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We can only apologise that this is still ongoing for you. 

I can see that this is already been looked in to by my colleague Zach. Rather than us going back to the start on this, if you can please pop Zach a message off the back of his last reply and he can then get an update with the contacts he has been dealing with on this. 

We're really sorry that this is ongoing and hopefully things will be resolved asap for you and your mum. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No. We are getting nowhere with Zach. I am sick to the back teeth of faffing around with you lot. Can you get someone senior on the case please.

Hi Haircut1000,

We appreciate your frustration however this is already with our I T team and will be fixed ASAP, please reach back out to Zach so he can escalate this for you.

Regards

Paul.

So this has been ongoing for, what 10 weeks or so, but 'it is with the IT Team and will be fixed ASAP'?

Really, don't hold your breath waiting will you?

On the other hand of course, were something to happen to the 'vulnerable customer' and they couldn't seek help due to VM's failures, then I'm sure any number of 'ambulance chasing' lawyers will be more than happy to wade in!

My thoughts entirely. At least you understand the issue at stake; thank you. And to think I am still paying for this shoddy service.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Haircut1000,

Thanks for coming back to us about this. We understand that you're frustrated with this situation.

As advised, you can message our colleague directly to have this issue escalated further for you if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina 

I messaged Zach and he said the problem had  been sorted, which it has most definitely not. Please try ringing my mum's landline and you will see it does not ring. What part of this does Virgin not understand???. I have been going round in circles. I cannot believe you treat elderly customers like this. Disgraceful. You cut off her landline and then give her the runaround citing one nonsense answer after another. I will be contacting the ombudsman, the police and her MP.

Thanks for reaching out to us @Haircut1000.

I'm sorry to hear that this has not been resolved, I will pick this up for you and get it sorted out urgently.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team