cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not worked for 2 days

pudos
Tuning in

Hi,

My landline has not worked again for nearly two days.  Check on-line on virgin test page says no problems.  This happened about the same time last year and was out for several days.  Can it be looked into please

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, pudos,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing landline issues. How has the service been since your post? Can you elaborate on what issues you are having? Our online diagnostics might be able to help: https://www.virginmedia.com/care/fix-your-landline

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I'm just back at home and the phone line is now working again.  I hope it stays that was as last time this happened it was very on/off.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop back to us and let us know things are working again. 

If you have any further issues, let us know so we can investigate further for you. 

We hope you had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Virgin

The phone line worked again briefly but has now been off again for 2 days, with Xmas I didn't have the time to tell you.  Can this be looked into ASAP please.  Could I also be told how I can claim money back as well.  This has happened before and again I'm paying for a service that is not being provided. 

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear it's not working again. Let's have a look at this for you then. 

• Can you let us know what issues you are having? 
  • Are you getting any dial tone? Or is there a dial tone but not able to dial out? 
  • Are you able to receive calls or is the handset completely dead? 
  • Are you able to test another handset in the socket or test your handset in another socket? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

Thanks for reply

Cannot receive incoming calls - for those who phone in just no connection 

Cannot dial out - no connection

Have tried a different phone and plugged it in, the same, no tone at all

Thanks

Hi Paul, 

Thanks perfect, thanks for checking and coming back to me so quickly. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi pudos, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know things are resolved for now. 

Due to the intermittency, if you would like the engineer visit to go ahead then please pop back to me via PM with the information I asked for. 

If you're happy to leave things as they are for now, then that's fine too. 

Keep us posted with how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath,

I'll keep an eye on it and if/when it goes off again I'll ask for engineer.  Its never been a phone line that works well, its been looked at but never really fixed.  Will see how it goes

Best

Paul