cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing

Steeney
Joining in

Our landline has stopped ringing when a call comes in. If I ring the landline from a mobile I can hear it ringing on the mobile and the call connects when I answer it but the landline phone does not ring. I’m unsure how long this has been an issue but I do remember seeing someone working on the telegraph pole by our house last week and wonder whether it’s connected but don’t know who/how to contact. I have checked the volume and ringer settings on the phone. Would be grateful for any suggestions on next step to resolve.

25 REPLIES 25

Thank you for confirming that for us @escher64

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. Let us know if you hear a dial tone after you have completed this process and if so, can you both receive and make calls successfully?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Pin hole test carried out. Yes I have a dial tone and yes I can make and receive calls but still no ringer on the handset. I should also add that the handset has been tried on a bt line and it rings fine.

Thank you for the update @escher64.

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No problem at all @escher64

Glad to have helped :). Please do let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Misery1
Joining in

Hi Steens, we have got the same issue and like you spent nearly 45 minutes on 150 with nothing resolved, I posted the issue on here on Wednesday and am still waiting for a solution. 

Hi Misery1, 

Thanks for posting on this thread about your landline issues, I can see you're already in a PM with Travis about this.

They will be able to help you further once they're back on shift 😊 

Thanks,

Megan_L