cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing

Steeney
Joining in

Our landline has stopped ringing when a call comes in. If I ring the landline from a mobile I can hear it ringing on the mobile and the call connects when I answer it but the landline phone does not ring. I’m unsure how long this has been an issue but I do remember seeing someone working on the telegraph pole by our house last week and wonder whether it’s connected but don’t know who/how to contact. I have checked the volume and ringer settings on the phone. Would be grateful for any suggestions on next step to resolve.

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks for getting back to me Steeney, is there anyone who you could borrow one of for a short period of time just to check if it is the handset?

Another option would be to try the phone in another socket in the property but again (assuming the landline doesn't work via your Hub), if the issue is with the handset the result would be the same. 

Double checked and there doesn't appear to be any area issues that would explain this either.

Rob

Thanks grannieanne, please keep me up to date with this and let me know how the visit goes.

Rob

Hi Rob, unfortunately we don’t have another socket either. I’ll try to get my hands on another phone and get back to you.

Thank you Steeney, this will help narrow down the issue for us 🙂 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have tried plugging in another handset and I’m pleased to say it works.
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Excellent, glad to hear this has now been resolved Steeney 🙂

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch 

Rob

Hi there,

Just wondering if you managed to get this sorted and if so what was the solution? I have the same problem at the moment so I'd be grateful of any advice.

Thanks.

Hi there, it turned out to be an old splitter extension that was plugged into the telephone socket. When I removed that and plugged directly into the main socket it worked. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @escher64

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your landline. 

Are you able to let me know some more information. Is your landline connected via the hub or the traditional landline socket? Have you got a dial tone? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak and thanks for your reply. The phone is connected to the router via an adapter. Pic added so hope this helps.20220207_165106.jpg