cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing in or out

littleme67
On our wavelength

My landline will not let me know when an incoming call has come in as it won't ring.

Also initially when I tried to phone anyone it would cut off ringing after two rings. Now if I ring out, it sounds like it's ringing at the other end, but it actually isn't to them. Similarly, if someone rings me, they hear my phone ringing, but it isn't my end.

I had a text a few days ago to say work was being done in my area, then another to say all completed. 

I looked online at my account, all boxes are ticked for computer, tv and landline. Saying no fault has been detected when I clicked to check. 

With all this I thought my phone, which is several years old, had died a death. I ordered a new twin phone from Argos for replacement, that arrived yesterday. I set it all up and the same problem is on this new phone.

So annoying as a pensioner I can't really afford to buy a replacement for a phone that I thought was at fault when it wasn't after all.

Goes to prove it is something wrong Virgin's end and not with my actual phone. 

I would so appreciate some help in solving this please. 

13 REPLIES 13

Thank you Paul

The shock I managed to calm down with a few cream cakes and a cuppa. 🙂

I am sooooo happy all is working now. 

Kind regards,

Littleme67

Hi littleme67, 

Thanks for sticking with me on this one. Happy to hear it's all been sorted for you now. 

Checking things this end, after I raised the engineer visit, a fault was found affecting the area which has since been resolved. 

I'm really glad to hear this has sorted your phone issues and the home visit is now cancelled. 

Let me know if you have any further issues going forward. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

janecamp
Joining in

Hi,

too very vulnerable ladies moved into specially adapted house. only supplier is Virgin.  their landline phone wont ring out.  i bought another one and that didn't work.  Then I bought another one which should have worked but still not ringing out. if you get help can you say on here what you did. thanks

Hey @janecamp,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about this issue, I would like to be able to help you sort out this issue, to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message.

Joe