cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing in or out

littleme67
On our wavelength

My landline will not let me know when an incoming call has come in as it won't ring.

Also initially when I tried to phone anyone it would cut off ringing after two rings. Now if I ring out, it sounds like it's ringing at the other end, but it actually isn't to them. Similarly, if someone rings me, they hear my phone ringing, but it isn't my end.

I had a text a few days ago to say work was being done in my area, then another to say all completed. 

I looked online at my account, all boxes are ticked for computer, tv and landline. Saying no fault has been detected when I clicked to check. 

With all this I thought my phone, which is several years old, had died a death. I ordered a new twin phone from Argos for replacement, that arrived yesterday. I set it all up and the same problem is on this new phone.

So annoying as a pensioner I can't really afford to buy a replacement for a phone that I thought was at fault when it wasn't after all.

Goes to prove it is something wrong Virgin's end and not with my actual phone. 

I would so appreciate some help in solving this please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi littleme67, 

Thanks for sticking with me on this one. Happy to hear it's all been sorted for you now. 

Checking things this end, after I raised the engineer visit, a fault was found affecting the area which has since been resolved. 

I'm really glad to hear this has sorted your phone issues and the home visit is now cancelled. 

Let me know if you have any further issues going forward. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

littleme67
On our wavelength
As an aside. The first text message I received to say there was a service outage in my area on the 26th December at 1026am. Then a follow up to say it was fixed at 10.37. But the problem still was happening. Then on the 28th at 15.33 another message to say about an outage, Followed by another message at 15.52 to say it was good news as all fixed. But as mentioned even to now it is not fixed as still the same problem.

Hi littleme67,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome back to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your landline service. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

littleme67
On our wavelength

Thank you so much Kath_F

I have replied to the private message you have sent to me. 

Hi littleme67, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

Taking a look at things this end, the diagnostics have shown we will need an engineer to come and take a look at things. I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

littleme67
On our wavelength

Hello Kath_F

I have signed into my account, but as yet no message showing regarding the appointment. 

Hi littleme67, 

It can take up to 24 hours for the visit to show within My VM but the account holder will also receive a text with the visit details too. 

If nothing is showing after 24 hours, let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

littleme67
On our wavelength

Oo, sorry about that as I just thought it would have been there already. 

I will be patient. 🙂

Thank you Kath_F. 

Hi Kath_F

I don't know if maybe someone has managed to sort this problem out with no need to visit my home, but I nearly jumped out of my skin 5 minutes ago when the phone rang. So pleased I am all is fixed. 🙂

Kind regards, 

Littleme67

Hi littleme67,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear your Phone is now working, sorry for the shock, if you do need any further help, please do noty hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.