cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing for inbound calls

cupkate
Tuning in

I can make outbound calls but phone doesn't ring for inbound calls. Person calling me gets voicemail message immediately and it let's them leave a message. 1471 has no record of them calling g me. I switched the normal Panasonic cordless phone for a wired one but the result is the same. Tried help page but it just kept sending me back to the 1st page! Trying to get through to Virgin. 

4 REPLIES 4

cupkate
Tuning in

UPDATE: got through to a lovely agent called Dean who tried all sorts of things but landline still wonky. He has passed my issue to the port team. Seems to have been a ported number that's causing the problem.  Even though I have lived in the same house with the same number since 1998. Virgin installed the landline and gave me the number. Weird that there would be a port issue 24 years later but I await their call (on the mobile obvs)

Thanks for your post @cupkate, and I'm sorry to hear of the recent issues with inbound calls.

Do please keep us posted with how you get along, and if required, we'll be on hand to assist you with further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

fault fixed within a couple of days and I received a callback from very helpful and nice agent to verify that everything was working OK

Many thanks for the update cupkate,

Glad to hear that everything is back up and running for you. If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.