cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing (but calls do come through?)

ivc8375
Tuning in

Hello everyone, 

incoming calls never make my landline phone ring. I tried 3 different phones, and I have the same problem with all of them (so it's not the phone). 

If I know someone is trying to call and I pick up, I can talk to them! So the call is coming through, it's just the phone does not ring. 

The phone is plugged into the hub directly. I tried to restart the hub, and no luck. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Ingrid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @ivc8375.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ivc8375, 

Sorry to hear this is happening 

More than likely it will be a connection issue from our side as its definitely not the phone 

Have you tried a reboot on the Hub at all

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Just tried another reboot on the Hub - still no ringing for incoming calls. 

Please let me know what else we can do, 

Thank you!

Good Morning @ivc8375, thanks for coming back to us

I have been able to look into your local area, and it appears that there is currently an outage that was detected on 06/05/22 at 10:06am and is due to run until the estimated time of 10:10am today.

Can you please check the phone line at around 10:30am for me and report back to the thread?

It may be worth, after this time frame, to do another reboot, or even a resetting of the hub, to ensure any remaining fault from the outage is cleared.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David, 

I tried reboot + reset earlier this evening, still no luck in getting the phone to ring ... 😔

The issue has been going on for more than a week, so I am not sure this is due to the recent outage? 

Kind Regards

Ingrid

Hi ivc8375,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we appreciate your issues has been going on for a little while before this SNR issue was logged, although it was logged later it may very well of been present earlier, I can advise the fault is still ongoing and the estimated fix time has now changed to 10/05/22 @ 14:25.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Hi everyone, 

16th May, and phone still not ringing...

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @ivc8375.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem at all @ivc8375.

Glad to have been able to help regarding this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team