cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls

Lowtech
Joining in

Having exactly the problem described in other threads. Phone rings once with incoming call, then crackling sound and disconnection. Is it a case for engineer?

8 REPLIES 8

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lowtech,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline services at the moment! 

Can you tell us a little more about this issue? Does the line crackle and disconnect on both outgoing and incoming calls?

Do you have an active Dial Tone? Have you tried to connect a different landline phone to the connection to see if the same issue occurs?

Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help?

Please take a look and let us know if this can help rectify your fault. We're here to help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Only incoming calls are affected. I do have an active dial tone. The phone is connected via plug socket. I've tried a different landline phone and the same issue occurs. I can't find help on the Landline Faults page. The same fault occurred about 2 months ago. I made an appointment for an engineer to come out, but it corrected itself before then. 

Thank you for maintaining contact. Regards

Lowtech

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lowtech,

Thank you so much for going over the suggested steps and letting me know the details. 

In order to look into this further for you, I'll send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lowtech,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you Paula. I really appreciate it. All conditions understood.

Regards

Lowtech

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lowtech,

Thanks for confirming! 

Keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help or assistance. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Very helpful engineer. Landline fault had rectified itself overnight, but he found my modem levels were way out. I'd resigned myself to getting a poor signal, but he was able to correct it. Really pleased!

Regards

Lt

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lowtech,

Thanks so much for coming back to us with an update! 🙂

Glad to hear that your issue has been rectified! If you come across any further issues, please let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team