cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not connected

AmandaT1
Joining in

When I returned to virgin media from sky a couple of years ago, the landline should have been changed over from BT. I went to use the landline phone and it has not been connected. The BT line is still live. I called and spoke to someone who said it will take 14 days to connect! I don’t understand why it will take so long and I’m not even sure it’s going to be my landline No. or a new one.  I have been paying for the landline so it should be as easy as changing the line over in the cabinet, which should have been done at the time I activated my VM account.  Anyone advise please? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AmandaT1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I have managed to locate your account and can see that it has been submitted today, it is correct our ports can take up to 14 working days to porcsess 

Keep us posted when it has ported over 

Zoie

Thanks for your reply. Ok will do.

My landline is still not connected. No dial tone and unable to make or receive calls. Is my phone line live or am I missing something? Thanks

Hello AmandaT1

Sorry to hear you are still without a landline 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Done thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details AmandaT1

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Great, thank you

Hello AmandaT1

Hope this finds you well 

Just a quick message to see how things are with the Telephone line since the Visit we booked 

Gareth_L