cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no dialtone

adelaalex
Joining in

I cannot make or receive calls on my landline.  There is no dial tone and it doesn't ring when anyone calls.  I have checked the connections and unplugged and checked the phone with no joy.  The service status reports no faults.  I don't use it often so have no idea how long it's been down - the last incoming call on the display was 12th August!  I've been going round in circles trying to find a number to call on your website.  Can someone help please?

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @adelaalex

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I have looked into this and can see that you will need a technician visit to resolve the issues, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @adelaalex.
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L

Thank you.

You're very welcome @adelaalex and please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks

Steven_L

Good morning,

The engineer came on Thursday and fixed the problem which was up the road somewhere.  When he left it was working fine - this morning no dial tone again.

Can you help please?

Regards

Alex

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI adelaalex, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear the issue has returned.  

Just before we proceed, can you please confirm if you have ran checks on the equipment and cables to ensure they are connected properly and without damage? 

Thanks.

Nat

Hello

Yes, everything is connected and as it should be.

Regards 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adelaalex

Thanks for your reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate this further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs