cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - no dialing tone

Cowshedder
Tuning in

Hi,

Following a VM engineer visit to fix BB/TV issues on Thursday, we've just discovered our landline has no dialing tone and cannot make outgoing calls.  Bizarrely, we can still receive incoming calls.

After a painful mobile call to the overseas VM helpline, we've established there's no phone issue in the area; all the cables have been removed and plugged back in securely.  The phone support person has said an engineer will have to come out, but they won't be here until the 27th August - seven days with no outgoing calls!

I thought I'd try this forum to see if anyone has any ideas of what we could try, as seven days without outgoing calls seems a bit excessive.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cowshedder,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some landline issues and cannot make outgoing calls. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I'm very sorry to hear that there are no sooner appointment time slots available. Have you checked this on your online account to see if you're able to reschedule the appointment at all?

You can take a look at our landline faults page to see if this can help resolve your landline issue in the meantime. However, if our team was unable to resolve your landline issue remotely, it seems that a technician appointment will be needed to resolve this.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and let us know if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z,

Following a second engineer visit, the fault has been fixed - it was an issue with the connection outside the house.

Thanks.

Hello Cowshedder,

Thanks for the update, Great news this all being fixed.

If this or anything else happens in the future, we are here to help.

Gareth_L