cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no dial tone

KarenakPt
Joining in

Had an engineer visit who checked lines and said we would probably need to connect our landline to our Hub 4. He said there was also a problem with our number and would investigate further.

We are unable to test plugging landline into the hub 4 as it needs an adaptor.

Had another visit booked and then text message to say it had been cancelled because line had been fixed and to unplug everything, switch on again. Still no dialling tone and engaged tone if someone phoning in.

Followed instruction in texts with HELP response until it informed me to call 150 again. Last call was a 55 minute call with Asian call centre, being on hold for 45 of those minute!

We just need an adaptor to see if it works from Hub. How do can we arrange to get one sent? 

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KarenakPt,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble with getting your landline services working. Have you been advised that you have 21CV landline service? That's when you would connect your landline to the router, but not all customers would do this.

If not, you would connect to the wall socket. Have you done that yet to see if that works at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

We haven't had any official notification to confirm the change. Historically, for years we have always had our landline in the wall socket and our outside connection is in a box on the roof of our block. The engineer said that the box gets corroded over time and he has problems getting H2 key from the local authority for access. He said everyone is being converted and this was the way we should now connect our landline once our problem with the number was solved but once we had the confirmation text it told us to restart everything and it should be working again. It is not simple to plug our phone connection to the hub as the engineer  suggested as he didn't leave an adapter. The line is still dead as the phone is still in wall socket.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you for that information. 

I have been able to locate your account and so wish to help further with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this for you.

^Martin