cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline moving to the fibre network

pritiparekh
Joining in

Hi,

Like many others I received the letter about Virgin Media moving the landline to the fibre network.

Per the letter it states that you need a technician to visit in certain cases (in our case due to the burglar alarm that is connected). In order to book a technician visit I called customer services.

The customer service advisor was absolutely clueless about this, put me on hold for a long time and came back with no further useful information. (They asked if I had recently had a phone line installed and was having issues with it. They even made me read out the letter I received from Virgin Media back to them amongst other things). The agent would not pass me on to their boss or the UK call centre. So I cut the call.

A little while later I got a call back from the same agent to say they had spoken to another team and now understand what is happening. I asked that given a lot of people must be receiving the letter, surely this could not have been the first call the agent has received in relation to this matter. The agent said that they had not come across this as this was one of the rare cases where the customer is asking to move over to the fibre network for calls. I said you have called me back and clearly still have no clue as to what is going on as this does not seem like a choice to me, I will be moved over to the fibre network for calls from 27 August 2021 without a choice.

In the mean time, between the calls with that agent, I came across an email from Virgin Media about the switch over and if we need a technician visit then we could enter our phone number and we would get a call back to arrange the visit. So I mentioned to the agent that I am expecting a call back and not to proceed with any technician visit booking at their end (I was hesitant that the agent would not book a technician for the right reason given they were clueless about this change).

Anyway, that was a week ago and I have still not had a call back to arrange a technician visit. Is someone here able to help me arrange this please?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pritiparekh.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you experienced this when trying to arrange a visit for your landline switch over. We can understand the frustration this experience may have given you and we want to do our best to help.

Just to confirm did you enter your number into the sent email for the appointment? Were you also given an estimated time for a call back? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

The email had a link to a webpage where I entered the phone number. No timeframe for the call back was given.

What are the next steps?

Thanks,

Just to clarify, when did you enter your details into the email?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I think it was last Thursday.

Thank you for letting us know @pritiparekh.;

The letter we’ve sent about your home phone switchover is personalised to your account and contains all the info you need to swap your services.  In the received letter, did it give instructions for how to book an appointment for this ?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

There were no clear instructions as to how to book an appointment (!), however, it said that if you are not sure about this switch and want to cancel then to call 150 and to know more then to visit virginmedia.com/fibrephone

Hi team,

Just to check, will any one here be able to help me or should I be trying another avenue?

Thanks,

Sorry for the delay in response @pritiparekh

I have been looking into this on your behalf. I have sent a private message regarding this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

We hope all goes well too on your appointment @pritiparekh.

Please be sure to keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help.

Many thanks :),

Akua_A
Forum Team