Menu
Highlighted
Nigey68
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline issues

Hi,

Anyone else having a problem with their landline , when we make outgoing calls not everyone we call can hear us? when they answer the call but when I phone my moby its fine ?

We had this problem a couple of months ago and an engineer came out and said it was a nationwide problem just called virgin media again and insistent it was my landline,anyone shred any light on this problem, Please tell me we are not the only ones .

Thanks in advance

Nigey

0 Kudos
ABCDEFGH67
Settling in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline issues

Hi I am having the exact same problem and also had it before Christmas when VM answer was it must be my handset - I bought a cheap handset to test and the problem remained the same! I saw an engineer working on a box in my area the day after and the problem disappeared so I assumed it was something they had fixed but today the problem has returned - I have an engineer booked for Friday.
0 Kudos
Hoorahdoggo
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m glad I’m not suffering alone!, we have the exact same problem, and it happened a couple of months ago and then mysteriously went away. We have an old handset to try the line with, as well, and the problem persists. Will be calling VM tomorrow...on my mobile, of course!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nigey

Thanks for your post.

Have you been able to do as the others have done and tested this on another handset first?

This is to eliminate the equipment as being the source of the issue.

If you have then please pop back to me on the PM I have sent on the top right so we can look at booking a technician for you.

Kind regards.

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nigey

Just checking in to see if you still need support with this,

If so pop back to my PM on the 9th.

Cheers
Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos