cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issues and password

Pinkmonkey007
Tuning in

My elderly mum had her landline go digital 3 weeks ago and since then, the phone has stopped working 3 times. 

The last time the phone worked was over a week ago and a technician is booked for today. 

The frustrating thing is everytime we try to call Virgin, we're asked for a password.  Mum has never set one up. Last year, virgin said they would write to advise password, when the letter arrived,  the box that should have shown the password was blank! When we called a week ago, again was told a letter would be sent again but nothing received.  Impossible to speak to anyone without a password, even though all other security questions are answered correctly, how can we access the password?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pinkmonkey007,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear about your ongoing landline issue.

We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. In this case, please do let us know how the tech appointment goes and if you need any further help.

In regards to the DPA password, this would have been set up by the account holder when the first joined our services. It is different from the my VM password or the forums passwords. We normally request this on the phone so we can identify the account holder as who they say they are. 

Just to confirm, when last were you in contact with us regarding the password reminder letter? Also, are you at the same address as the account holder? As this is where we would have sent the reminder to? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, the account was originally in my Dad's name, he passed away in 2015 and the account was switched into Mums name.

I called Virgin last Monday and was advised a password reminder letter would be posted to Mum. No letter has arrived.  I visited her today to help go through her mail and there was nothing from Virgin. 

I do not live in same property,  mum has given my details over the phone with permission to deal with myself but every time I call, as I can't give the password,  no one will help me

Sorry to hear this @Pinkmonkey007 and thank you for the information.

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

@Pinkmonkey007, If the letter comes blank or does not show up, please let us know here and we will take further steps.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team