cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issue

Rabthedab
Tuning in

I can receive and make calls, but when receiving a call my phone won’t ring. Have checked all equipment and replaced batteries in main phone (3 phones - all plug-in). Any suggestions please??

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rabthedab, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if it's been causing some frustration for you!

I understand you can't make or receive calls and it doesn't ring when an incoming call connects. 

Can I ask if there is a dial tone when you pick up the receiver please?

Is your phone wire plugged into the mains or the Hub?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks Megan, phone is connected to main line coming into the house - and I have a dialling tone. 

Megan -I CAN make and receive calls, none of the 3 phones in the house ring out.  

Hi Rabthedab, 

Thanks for coming back to me and correcting me! Sorry about that 🙂

Okay, lets go through some questions to eliminate some simple issues, I may sound like I'm asking you silly questions but please bear with me lol 

Can you check or try these three points please - 

• Check that the phone is not on Mute. 
  • Check that the handset does not have the volume settings turned down.
  • Try a different handset if you have one spare.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks Megan, as we were texting, I was on the phone to Virgin helpline (150). Went through all the usual questions and checks. Said he could not find any issue with the line and wanted me to buy a new phone! (none of my 3 phones ring out when a call is received). Spent over 1hr on the phone (absolutely useless - waste of time!). So engineer is booked for Tuesday! Previous similar issues on the community chat suggest issue is possible faulty line card in the exchange not providing any ringing current  

Hi Rabthedab, 

Thanks for coming back to me with that update, I am glad you managed to get through to the faults team! 🙂

I've also checked on my side to double check the engineer visit and it all looks good. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further help afterwards.

Thanks!

Megan_L