cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issue  - no dial tone

Davehoole
Joining in

Hi so I have had virgin broadband and phone for a few years now and recently upgraded to include the TV package.

Engineer came out about 2 weeks ago and set up TV and left however for some reason I no longer have a dial tone on my phone?

The phone usually is connected to wall socket and never had issue prior but I have also tried to connect to the hub direct without sucess

Very frustrating as I pay extra for call anytime and at moment can't call at all! 

Any advice or help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davehoole,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that since you have had our TV services installed, you now have no dialing tone on your landline. We certainly understand the frustration this issue is causing, especially when your unable to make and receive calls or use the call plan you're paying for. 

Can we ask if you've been able to try another handset in your master socket at all?

We would also suggest, removing any extension handsets or 3rd party devices listed below

• Other telephones
  • Personal Computers
  • Faxes
  • Modems
  • Satellite TV digiboxes
  • Micro-filters
  • ADSL modem or router.

Can you also try 

• Checking the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available, then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Please try the above first. if your landline still has no dial tone after the diagnostics have been performed, please come back to us and we will happily get an engineers visit arranged for you. 

Kind regards Jodi.

Hi Jodi

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have tried these already (and again today to make sure). I also borrowed another phone to check and it is not my handset issue!

Thanks 

Dave

Thanks for coming back to us @Davehoole.

I have looked into your account and can see that you have an issue that would need a technician visit to resolve. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Davehoole.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L