cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is not receiving calls (not ringing)

sdercon
Tuning in

Hi,

Landline is not receiving calls anymore. When called, caller gets impression it is ring, but does not ring at our receiving end. We can call out.

I thought phone itself had died but new phone exactly same problem. No problems on checking connection via virgin media.

So how can I get this checked? Advice? 

17 REPLIES 17

Yes, correct: I replied to a private message in which she asked for all details including account and more on Thursday, and I duly obliged when no one got in touch as had been promised on Friday, as she asked to be kept posted.  

Same info I was asked for. Meanwhile we're paying for a service that we aren't receiving....

Thanks @sdercon

I am going to send you my own private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Has anyone had this resolved?

well, @Lee_R helpfully sent a further message on Saturday late morning, and clearly you may want to check this too:

he asked to check whether when I ring from another line (my mobile) to my landline, and I pick up the landline, am I then connected? And intriguingly, the answer is YES. So we could receive calls if only calling me would make my phone ring.... Same thing happened with spare set, so nothing to do with set... Arguably consistent with ability to call others. 

the plot thickens... 

but then silence... 

any ideas?

Same issues here. Engineer with us now. He too is perplexed

Ours is resolved. He changed router and telephone is now plugged directly into router. Not ideal but....

Hi Sweetoscar

I will reach back out to you privately.

Regards

Lee_R