cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is dead

ScottCondie
Joining in

My land line is dead.  All other broadband, TV and WiFi are working and I have checked the cables.  I have done a status test and there is no indication of a failure.  

What can I do?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ScottCondie 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the phone line issues. Can you confirm the telephone line is plugged into the telephone port of the router?

Keep me posted

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes it is plugged into the router.

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming. Can you try the other telephone port on the router for me and also a reboot/trying the same telephone port after removal?

Keep me posted

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So I plugged the telephone cable into the other port.  Then I switched the router off using the switch on the back of the router and switched it back on.  The phone line is still dead.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see your Landline Switchover has been completed, there are no issues showing our end, has the line worked since it has been changed over, have you been able to try a different Phone?

Regards

Paul.

The phone line is still dead.  Unfortunately I do not have another landline phone to try out to see whether it is the phone.  All other functions of the phone work - eg scrolling through the directory, but the phone line is just dead.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for your reply, sorry to see that this is still not working for you.

I will be happy to check this further for you so we can get you back up and running.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @ScottCondie I'm glad I could help arrange for this to be resolved for you.

Please keep us updated with how this engineer visit goes. Please note that someone over the age of 18 will need to be in the property during this visit.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules