cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline inoperative

suepetbram
Tuning in

Our landline and that of at three neighbours has been inoperative since approx 6pm today.  We are all in our late 70s-80s and it causing concern.  I can't see how to log this online, it seems to be a perpetual loop.  I act as administrator on churchyard issues for a local church and access is imperative due to the nature of some of the services we have to organise.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi suepetbram,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Landline. 

I have taken a look on our system and it is showing there is a reported outage in the area.

The reference for this fault is: F009811826. The estiamted fix date is 06/05/22 18:00pm.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi suepetbram,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Landline. 

I have taken a look on our system and it is showing there is a reported outage in the area.

The reference for this fault is: F009811826. The estiamted fix date is 06/05/22 18:00pm.

^Martin

Thanks Martin.  I'll be aware to check for outages in future.   The line was actually operative when I tried it early this morning between 6-7am.  This was such a relief.  Many neighbours are in the age group 80+ and do not have alternative telephone provision.   They would be unable to contact Virgin by mobile or via the web.  So speedy response is much appreciated.  I still find it confusing as to how to register a problem though.   SUEPETBRAM

You're welcome. I do appreciate your concern with that. 

You can do it through your online account, if you are able to access it. 

^Martin

Thanks again Martin.  Never thought about that, but I'll make a note for the future.     For the likes of my age group I think a HowTo page somewhere with an entry on ReportAFault might be an idea.  Preferably one that would pop up on Goggle if you queried How To Report a Virgin fault.   Being held on the phone with long wait times can cost a lot for those on pay-as-you-go.

Thank you for that feedback, I will pass it onto the relevant team.

^Martin