Up to speed

My phone has no dial tone and says line in use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi WW198,

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your phone line, we will do all we can to help. 

I have checked from our side and can confirm there are no outages showing for the area.

Can you please check the following for me?

Are all cables are secure and without damage?
Have you been able to test another handset to rule out an equipment fault?

Thanks,

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi WW198,

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your phone line, we will do all we can to help. 

I have checked from our side and can confirm there are no outages showing for the area.

Can you please check the following for me?

Are all cables are secure and without damage?
Have you been able to test another handset to rule out an equipment fault?

Thanks,

Nat

Sorry Nat I did get it working.Maybe hadnt put phone down night b4.Twiddled so many things I do not know what did it but its ok now

Help the phone is not working again No dial tone.Maybe cut because not put phone down correctly

Hi there @WW1948 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I'm so sorry to hear the issues regarding your phone line is back. 

I do think it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to take a look. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hello again

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you

so sorry but same has happened again.Think its wire loose in socket

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WW1948,

Thanks for coming back to us about your landline issue. Sorry to hear that this problem is still ongoing. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and look into this issue further for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you. 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WW1948,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WW1948,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message. Glad to hear that you're happy with your appointment time and date!

The technician will be able to look into this issue further for you and do all they can to rectify the fault.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on and if you need any further help. 😊

We're here if you need us.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team