Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline help

Wolfiebaby
On our wavelength

Hello im thinking of getting a home phone for the first time

But how would i. 1. Find out my phone number

And also i would like to see if my phone line is OK. I have no way of calling virgin at the moment due to my mobile phone being stolen. Please can an advisor check for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @Wolfiebaby.

I can confirm that your phone line is fully active, do you currently have a handset to plug into the wall socket?

If you do, have a handset, please call 174 or 175 and that will let you know the number that you are calling from.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Wolfiebaby,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
Do you currently have a phone service with us and want to find out if your line is working or do you want advice about taking a phone line with us?

Regards,

Steven_L

I think my phone line comes with my package i want to make sure its up and running so i can just plug in my phone and use it x

Thanks for coming back to us @Wolfiebaby.

I can confirm that your phone line is fully active, do you currently have a handset to plug into the wall socket?

If you do, have a handset, please call 174 or 175 and that will let you know the number that you are calling from.

Regards,

Steven_L

I will have a handset on Thursday 

Okay, thanks for letting us know that @Wolfiebaby, please let us know if you have any issues, when you start to use your handset.

Regards,

Steven_L

I got my handset today. But there is no dialtone and when i try to call out its a dead Line. I can't even ring the numbers you said above 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wolfiebaby,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that your landline is not working! 

Have you tried to go through our online Landline Faults page to see if this can help resolve your issue? 

Can you confirm if you've plugged your landline phone into a Master Socket? This would be a socket with a logo on it.

Please carry out the following checks to see if this fault can be resolved remotely:

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let us know how you get on. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I only have one socket. And one handset available. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wolfiebaby,

Thank you for coming back to us. I understand. Can you confirm if this issue is still ongoing after you ran these checks?

Did the online checks help resolve this issue at all?

Keep us updated. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs