cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has no dial tone

JP-11
Joining in

Recently our landline has not been working, not making a dial tone and unable to send and receive calls. We tried a new phone and it worked for a few hours before it stopped working mid call, now also not making a dial tone or making and receiving calls.

Service status reports no issues in our area and the help pages have not been of help.

We do not have phone over fibre, due to having a super hub 2.

I would like to have an engineer sent, but without the landline we have been unable to call for an engineer and I have been unable to find a way to request for one on the virgin media website.

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can dial 0345 454 1111 from a mobile phone to contact VM

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JP-11,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your landline not working. I've ran some checks on my end and can see that the line is showing to be permanently engaged. To confirm, do you have any other handsets connected to your telephone line (for example, through a wireless phone or extension socket), that may be off the hook?

Can you please also confirm how many devices are connected to your phone socket(s)?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

We currently only have the one phone connected.

Thank you for confirming! It would be best if we send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can get an engineer booked out to you in the first available slot. 

I will send you a PM now, you can find it in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

All the best!

Molly